Junior Herbalist Club
Suitable for children from ages 7 and over. Each month we will be learning about the medicinal uses of plants, stories, songs, growing, harvesting, and making something to take home – lavender bags, lip balms, bath bombs, lotions, potions and much more!!
The aim of JHC is to let children learn about the healing and medicinal plants all around them in a safe and supervised environment and is proudly supported by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists.
The course includes:
- Identification of common herbs growing all around
- Safety – which herbs are safe to use and which are poisonous
- Folklore – taught through stories and songs
- How to grow and harvest herbs
- Medicinal uses of common herbs
- How to use a variety of common herbs for first aid
- How to make a variety of herbal preparations to keep and take home
- Respect for all plants and their environment
All classes run by Chantal, who is a Medical Herbalist and NIMH registered JHC leader