What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a gentle therapy that uses massage and pressure on the feet to reduce tension and bring relaxation and balance to the whole body.
It works on the theory that each area of the foot is connected to a specific organ, gland or body system. By working on these reflex areas studies have shown that sleep can be enhanced, pain can be reduced and psychological symptoms can be improved.
Reflexology has been shown to induce relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety and calm the emotions. It works to improve health and resilience within the body and prevent illness.
I have been practising as a Reflexologist for over 20 years and have developed my own intuitive style, which includes ‘linking’. This involves lightly touching two or three reflex points at the same time to stimulate an energy transfer between them and amplify the healing potential within the body. The Reiki energy that I am attuned to, also naturally flows into the reflexology treatment adding another layer of healing and relaxation.
Conditions that may be improved with Reflexology
- Hormone imbalances i.e. PMS, endometriosis and PCOS
- Digestive issues i.e. IBS
- Chronic fatigue / Post viral fatigue
- Nervous system imbalance
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Many more…
Benefits of Reflexology include;
- Supporting the immune system
- Relaxation, stress reduction
- Reduced anxiety
- Improved sleep
- Reduction in pain e.g. headaches, migraines, joint and muscle etc.
- Improved organ function i.e. liver, heart, kidneys pancreas, adrenals etc.