You may be aware that new European Regulations require all businesses to make changes to our data protection arrangements.
The information that you give me and the notes I generate for you at consultations and during telephone calls are personal to you and I take the protection of such information very seriously.
No one else, apart from myself, has access to your notes, which are kept securely locked away in an office. I am the only person who has a key to my office. All my notes are made with pen and paper and I do not hold any information about you on a computer, apart from your email address.
I am required by my professional organisation (NIMH) to keep notes for seven years after the last time I have had contact with you. After this time, your notes will be destroyed by shredding and burning.
However, in order to provide you with a good service and to comply with the rules of my professional organisation, I do need to be able to communicate with you.
Below are the ways I might need to contact you:-
- By phone using the number you have given to me
- By text
- By email
The main reasons for contacting you are:-
- To send you appointment notifications or reminders
- To contact you to change an appointment
- To seek a progress report on your condition
- To remind you that I’m going on holiday
I will not:-
- Share your contact details with others
- Send you unsolicited mail or ‘mail shots’