Exciting course for kids coming
Starts Saturday 18th September 2021 at 10.30am at The Botanical Gardens Leicester. Suitable for children from ages 7 – 11. Each month we will be learning about the medicinal uses of plants, stories, songs, growing, harvesting, and making something to take home (lavender bags, lip balms, bath bombs, lotions, potions and much more!!)
The aim of JHC is to let children learn about the healing and medicinal plants all around them in a safe and supervised environment and is proudly supported by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists.
The course includes:
- Identification of common herbs growing all around
- Safety – which herbs are safe to use and which are poisonous
- Folklore – taught through stories and songs
- How to grow and harvest herbs
- Medicinal uses of common herbs
- How to use a variety of common herbs for first aid
- How to make a variety of herbal preparations to keep and take home
- Respect for all plants and their environment
All classes run by Medical Herbalist Chantal Perkins BSc Hons MNIMH
Places are strictly limited and as this course is very popular, early booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
For more information and to book your child’s place, please contact Chantal on
07963 512 046 or email@example.com